Sandbox@RGS is a feature in the journey of STEM Education in RGS. It is a space suitably resourced for programmes that nurture the RGS girl’s sense of free spiritedness and empathy. Its overarching theme for use is Technology for Good. With its instructional framework grounded in Design Thinking and Computational Thinking, Sandbox@RGS is a safe space for students to collaborate, ideate, incubate their ideas, create prototypes and gather feedback as they work on their technological solutions to problem solve in the areas they have identified.
Sandbox@RGS is the place to be for all tech-related activities and programmes. These include Design & Technology, the Innovation Programme and CCAs like InfoComm and Robotics. Through such a facility, students learn to serve as their own helpline to one another. Catering to queries and experimentation, CCA clubs like InfoComm and Robotics will be available for consultation and mentoring. It would be an environment to:
- Interact & Exchange: For students to share their ideas
- Investigate: For students to undertake projects, actualise their ideas or produce prototypes
- Document & Capture: For students to create a video/photograph of their products (supported by the CCA Photographic Society)
- Develop: For students to loan and try new technologies (e.g. microcontrollers, app designing and gadgets) and test their ideas
- Present: For students to conduct or participate in student-led workshops or attend as audience members (TechTalk@Sandbox)
The affordances of Sandbox@RGS as an innovative learning space help students build up their 21st century skills and competencies.