Through Geography lessons, you will:
- Use various skills and techniques to observe, acquire, organise, analyse geographic information and present information.
- Develop a global sense of place based on spatial awareness and understanding of spatial variations in geographic phenomenon on the Earth’s surface.
- Develop an appreciation of the dynamic nature of geography over time and space.
- Understand the interconnectedness or interactions of people, places and environments and make informed and moral judgments to improve the community, country and world.
- Develop a social conscience and a sense of responsibility with respect to community-spiritedness and become active citizens of a globally interdependent community.
Through History lessons, you will:
- Develop a deep sense of identity and a belief that they can make a difference in the destiny of their nation.
- Learn from the past through varied socio-cultural perspectives over time and space, and understand its relevance to the present through lessons learned.
- Empathise with people, cultures and issues and appreciate that different societies hold different beliefs, values and attitudes at different points of time.
- Understand that leaders have a responsibility to the people they represent.
- Understand how and why historical interpretations are produced.
Inquiry & Advocacy
Through Inquiry and Advocacy lessons, you will:
- Reason logically and ethically about issues.
- Understand what it means to be part of a community and use her knowledge for the betterment of self and others.
Events and Activities
Humanities Showcase (HUSH) and Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Week, a celebration of the collaboration of the Humanities and STEM fields in the school campus. This week-long programme seeks to inspire students to believe in the idea of “STEM for Humanity”.
Humanities Overseas Field Trip to Hong Kong
An annual overseas trip to Asia or Southeast Asia destinations for multi-disciplinary learning that cuts across Humanities subjects (History, Geography and Inquiry & Advocacy).
Geography Kukup Field Trip